Wednesday 19 November 2014

Twilight: Kickstarter goodies have arrived!

A pleasant surprise greeted me this morning as a big brown box from Twilight Miniatures arrived in the post yeah boi!

 
 




First out of the box was the starter kit which has the resin activation stones and the metal combat stones which replace dice for the most part in the game:





Plutons Mechanicals, one of my two starter forces of around 250pts in the game, plenty to get me and Jacob into battling around Anyaral. The Mechanicals are a Delgon force, a northern branch of Fubarni that split from the Empire many years previous and now are waging war against them!

 
 
 
 
 
The second of my starter forces are the Dhogu Raiders, a more primitive Fubarni culture who often serve as mercenaries to the Delgon. I really like these models, especially the Warlord who rides a yeti/goat monster haha




Next up are some of the bonus items I acquired through my pledge level, a resin Gil Marshall, Baby Gil and Engineer Beru, all special characters that can be used in the game.




One of the stretch goals was a full map that Mike had wanted to create for a long time. Its hand drawn and very detailed! This will look great framed and on the wall of my games room :-D
 
 
 
 
 
Chronicles of Anyaral is the compilation of the two earlier books and the one funded by the Kickstarter. A few months ago Mike sent me a draft copy for some QA and I have to say its a fantastic read, even more so now I have it in book form rather than on my tablet. 




Another stretch goal was to create stat cards for all the models in the game, very handy for speeding up play as it saves thumbing through the rulebook. The pack includes some blank ones which will come in very handy for the next photo...




Frenu!!!! An alpha playtest fourth culture for the game I have signed up for do some testing on. This is the rules for them as the models are still being created but I cant wait to get cracking on them.
 
 
 
 
 
An awesome box of toys to get me started playing Twilight and im looking forward to building and painting up my forces in the near future
 


2 comments:

  1. Still waiting for mine :). It is one of the KS' s I was very excited about.
    Looking forward to see them painted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, my mate got one of the original starter boxes a good few years ago at Salute but we never did anything with it. He pledged too so will hopefully have his goodies now as well

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...