Friday 14 April 2017

Age of Sigmar: Blades of Khorne

Well after that big post on the Kharadron Overlords you would be expecting me to start up them... but this book appeared too hehe.

I kept up with all the spoilers, digested the battle report and sadly came to the conclusion that whilst the Kharadron models are amazing, i dont think they will suit my play style as its a lot of dancing about and pure shooty with not enough smashing stuff in melee. I will still get the book and cards and may change my mind down the line but having signed up for a 2000pt tourney in July i need to concentrate on getting one force together and that is going to be Blades of Khorne.


First up is one of the best models in the whole AoS range, the old man of metal himself:


Exalted Deathbringer with Impaling Spear



Next is what passes for spirituality in a horde of bloodthirsty cannibals:


Slaughter Priest




I'm purposely building and painting these in small stages so it doesn't become too daunting a task to complete. I managed to pick up a start collecting Khorne Bloodbound (Where the Slaughter Priest comes from), and also a whole slew of the characters from a mate looking to trim down his collection so i have a good start.
  

2 comments:

  1. There are Dwarves which aren't good in melee? Blasphemy! 😉

    These guys look very mean and I like the not-so-standard-Khorne red you used for the armour. A great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep the overlords characters can fight well enough in melee but the rest are hopeless at it... good job the can still shoot the guns when in combat!

      There a lot of special rules attached to each thing spoiled so far, too many to remember without a lot of practice which I know I won't have time for haha

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...